When choosing the right benchtop for your home, it may feel overwhelming, as there are tons of options available. Almost all of them are quite good. But, you need to pick one type of benchtop that’s apt for your requirements. Among the popular benchtop materials, laminate and stone benchtops are reliable and affordable as well. Out of these two options, stone benchtop is the best bet for both indoor and outdoor environments. You can simply buy a stone benchtop and get it installed with the help of local stone benchtop installers in a short time period. Here are the top pros and cons of stone benchtops.
- Stone Benchtops are available in different shades of colours. You can also add customized patterns and designs to them. For indoor usage, you can purchase light-coloured benchtops, whereas you can go with darker stone benchtops for the outdoor environment.
- You don’t have to spend a fortune on stone benchtops. They are available at reasonable prices. Unless you want to buy the highest quality product, you can buy a stone benchtop for quite an affordable price.
- Stone benchtops are highly durable. As they’re made of a combination of strong materials, they last very long. As long as you clean and maintain them properly, you don’t have fret. This is exactly why they’re good for both outdoor and indoor environments.
- If you’re looking to buy a benchtop that’s resistant to scratches, stone benchtop is the way to go. For your stone benchtop to be resistant to stains, make sure that you apply quality sealing over it. Ask your stone benchtop installers to do it when you purchase it.
- Stone benchtops are highly compatible with any type of room. Whether the interior design of your place is traditional or contemporary, a stone benchtop fits in just well. You can install stone benchtops in rustic kitchens as well. Since there are numerous designs and styles available, stone benchtops compliment your interior design.
- Stone benchtops are available in different variants. Natural stones such as granite and marble, engineered stone are some of the options. Each type carries a unique set of benefits and features with it. So, you will have several options to choose from when you’re buying stone benchtops.
- Stone benchtops are also easy to clean and maintain. All you need is a soft cloth and a cleaning agent to remove any type of dust from the surface. You can purchase a good cleaning agent from local stone benchtop installers.
- One of the main disadvantages of stone benchtop is that it’s almost not possible to repair when damaged. The only solution here is to replace it.
- Every stone benchtop slab is unique. So, if you’re laying multiple slabs on a single surface, you will get a benchtop having different patterns.
- Without proper sealing, a stone benchtop is prone to stains and scratches.
Now, you can see that the advantages of stone benchtops outweigh the disadvantages by a good margin. If you’re looking to have stone benchtops in your home, simply contact your local stone benchtop installers and get it done.